Birthday Shout Outs

10.29.2012

Today is a very special day, because here in Australia it is now my sister-in-law Nicole's birthday and back in Kansas it is my dad's birthday.  So in a way, they are celebrating on the same day, so I figured a birthday shout out was in order!



First off, to my dad!  I just love my dad.  Get him talking, especially on the phone or skype, and he could go on all day.  I think this is why he is so good at the job he does.  I love how he genuinely cares for people and would do all that he could to help someone in need out.  I also love his sense of humor, which I am sure you can see from the pictures above.  Of course, one of my favourite memories from this past year, was my dad walking me down the aisle at our wedding. I will always treasure this moment.





And to Nicole.  You are such a wonderful woman.  How you keep up with work (where you save lives every single day), school, home, taking care of my brother AND Dixie.  It just amazes me.  You are so much fun to be around and always find a way to turn a frown upside down.   Plus you are the best cupcake and cookie decorator I know.  I still believe pretty Christmas cookies are better than ugly ones (even if the pretty ones are eaten last). Thank you for being a part of my wedding last year.  One of my favorite memories of us was how you helped me get pretty and on my wedding day. (I wanted to put those pictures up of you helping me crawl into my dress but they were a little PG-13 if you know what I mean).  You are a wonderful sister!

So dad, Nicole, happy birthday.  We love you so much and it is an honor to have you as part of our lives!

Love Always,
The Kids Down Under

2 comments:

  1. This is such an awesome post! Thanks for the bday wish! The last week has been so busy I just now got to read this...we are so excited to see you guys soon!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so welcome! we love you!

    ReplyDelete