The Life of a Colour Girl

3.25.2013



I had the joy of attending Colour Conference 2013 and wanted to give you a glimpse of what my experience was like!


My beautiful friend Jess and I enjoying magnum bars.
Starting our days with coffee and toasted banana bread.

 
Boot up girls!



Max and Melody.  Secretly I aspire to be Melody!  Oh dreams my friend.  Our friend Alex (Jess's husband) doing his thing on the box drums.  Not sure if that is what those are really called, but it is my word for it.



I just love all the attention to detail.  Pretty streamers, polka dot walls, flowers in the trees!  Sigh...truly after the heart of this girly girl.





Snack packs!



Loving the gold, and the 3-D gems they used to decorate everywhere.  I gotta make me some of these!

One of the beautiful aspects of Colour is all of the initiatives they support around the world.  If you would like to check some of them out, just click here.

My beautiful friend Rachel singing on one of the special items, which included a giant pillow fight!




Our speakers, Bobbie Houston, Wendy Treat, and Dr. Caroline Leaf.

 They handed out over 800 goodie bags which were donated by local businesses.


The college prepared a Mumford and Sons song.  Loved this moment of the day, because we all know how I love me some Mumford!

A lot of wisdom sitting around this table!

One of the beautiful things they do for the ladies who attend is the pamper area.  You can get your nails done, a massage, or hair curled for free!  Of course, I got fingernails that looked like candy.  (Now you can have that song stuck in your head all day long!)





Hillsong United lead worship.  Such a treat.  I would normally pay high dollar for this concert back in the states, but am so blessed to get to experience it often here.  Never taking it for granted, I promise.




And of course, us college wives gotta stick together.  We had such a great time at Colour.  I felt so encouraged by the words, music, friends, & conversation.  Such a blessed weekend!  love,  Christy

You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colours in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We’re going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don’t think I’m going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I’m putting you on a light stand. Now that I’ve put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you’ll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven. - Matthew 5:14-16



No comments:

Post a Comment